Monday, February 16, 2009

Fear.

When i was little i always had a fear of mosquitoes. Near to my house is a somewhat swampy area that mosquitoes thrive in. Since I was little, I had a horrible habit of leaving the front door open whenever I entered or left the house. Mosquitoes always found the way in. I would play outside and get bit by mosquitoes just like any other kid, but the part that I hated the most was when they were in my house. If I saw one in the house i would not go to sleep until I new for sure that it was dead. The first time that i had mosquitoes in my room when I was trying to go to bed was enough to scare me a lot. I was laying in bed and can remember hearing this annoying buzzing sound. It was so annoying, but I got to sleep anyways. I woke up in the middle of the night with mosquito bites all over my face. They itched very bad and were extremely unsightly. I was crying and itching, so I went to my moms room to tell her what was wrong. She came into my room and killed the pest. I finally settled down and was laying in bed trying to sleep when I heard more buzzing! I ran to my moms room and told her to come back right away. She did and she killed the mosquito. Then I was too afraid to sleep in my room anymore that night, so I slept in my moms bed. For the rest of the summer I always checked my room for mosquitoes before going to bed, and ended the habit of leaving the doors open. Thankfully I have gotten over my fear of mosquitoes now and I hardly ever even get bit anymore.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to this. I remember the high-pitched noise they would make in my ear at night when I would visit my grandparents' cottage. I wasn't afraid of them as much, but I was afraid of being awakened by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only part i can relate to is hating them and the noise so much.
    i dont really fear them though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. moquitoes really are annoying, and the bites really itch and hurt, so i can see why you were afraid of them!

    ReplyDelete